Thursday, February 16, 2012

Appolonia Gomez: SDI Intern

Check out some words from SDI's current intern Appolonia Gomez:


Written February 16, 2012:


"My position is the Sustainable Development Education Assistant. My duty is to assist the Sustainable Development Education Coordinator in creating a Sustainability Club at the Menominee High School. I started in June of 2011 and my time in SDI has been extended into Spring of 2011. I started a week after high school graduation and was a little nervous. As the weeks went on I became more comfortable, learned A LOT of new things and met many people. The tasks that come along with my internship helped me not be as shy and my public speaking has improved a little. It is a great experience and it was probably the best decision I made after high school because the internship was something new and gave me direction. I encourage anyone to apply and take full advantage of the opportunities in SDI."


Appolonia recently helped teach local students about sustainability at the technology fair on the College of Menominee Nation campus.




In the photo above, Appolonia is hard at work explaining sustainability to a group of middle schoolers. Over a hundred students from Menominee Indian Middle School and High School attended the CMN Technology Fair that was part of the nation-wide Digital Learning Day where students learned how technology is tied to the College and everyday careers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment