Wednesday, October 24, 2012

"Hello!" from SDI Intern Deidre Wolfe




My name is Deidre Ann Wolfe. I am 29 years old and the proud mother of an amazing and beautiful girl named Nevaeh Boyd and the significant other of Jerred Caldwell. We are also happily awaiting a baby that will be here in early February 2013. I am also a member of the Lac Courte Orellies Ojibwe Nation. I have obtained associates’ degrees in pre-nursing and biological sciences from College of Menominee Nation (CMN) and am currently working on a bachelor’s degree in education. My current goals and intentions for my educational journey are to provide the best life I can for my family and to work for a Native American tribe. My teaching goal is to help inspire Native American children to reach their full potentials and continue on into higher education. I also want to incorporate my love of sciences into my teaching and open up children’s eyes to the possibilities, creativity, exploration and opportunities that science brings.

I am super excited now to have the opportunity working as the Sustainability Outreach Event Planner Intern. I will be working with Laundi Keepseagle who has the same position and our supervisor is Kate Flick. This internship is perfect for me because it gives me the opportunity to reach the community through science, technology, engineering, and math. The audiences we are planning to reach are K – 12 students, CMN and the broader community.

Planning these events is very exciting because there are so many possibilities. My personal goals for this internship are to build my creativity for my future teaching career. I also want to inspire people to be more interested in science and to help people connect with nature. A lot of children do not know all of the possibilities of science careers and the more awareness we put out there, the more educational success our community will have.

No comments:

Post a Comment